Environmental and Safety Compliance and Infrastructure
McLaughlin Research Corporation is the prime contractor for environmental engineering and management support services for the U.S. Navy's premier undersea warfare R&D center, NAVSEA Newport, which is located on the shoreline of an environmentally sensitive coastal ecosystem.
McLaughlin Research Corporation provides comprehensive program/project management and business process improvement services in the following areas:
- Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Compliance (NEPA, Marine Mammal Protection Act, etc.)
- Hazardous Waste Collection, Management, Disposal, Record Keeping and Database Management
- HAZMAT Management Advisory Services, including the creation of computerized accounting systems for Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and HAZMAT Tracking
- HAZMAT training and training records accounting systems.
MRC is particularly proud to have played a role in NAVSEA Newport earning the following accolades:
- First Department of Defense Activity to Register full scope of operations at one location to the ISO 14001 Standard
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) Environmental Quality and Pollution Prevention Awards for non-industrial installations, including the 2007 CNO Natural Resources Conservation Award.
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System). MRC was a major contributor to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Newport becoming the first U.S. government site in the U.S. to be fully certified to ISO 14001.
MRC also provides safety, security, and environmental, infrastructure support services to NAVSEA Keyport, and NAVSEA Corona (CA), including environmental and hazardous material/waste management; OSH program management, prevention and oversight, audit and inspection, and mishap reporting and analysis support; weapons facility protection and duty office operations support; and security office program management support.